13+ tips on everything you need to know about how to decorate for fall on a budget!
13+ Ways to Decorate for Fall On A Budget
One of the best things about fall is the chance to cozy up your home with cozy fall decor. There’s something about fall decorations that just make your home feel more inviting. Whether it’s a simple wreath on your front door or a full-blown fall display, picking out the perfect fall decorations can be a fun way to get into the fall spirit.
And what’s not to love about fall? The cool weather, the changing leaves, and of course, all the delicious fall food. So why not celebrate fall by decorating your home? You’re sure to enjoy it all season long.
Does Fall Decorating Have to Cost A Lot?
Fall is a wonderful time of year, with cool weather and beautiful foliage. However, decorating for the fall season can be expensive. store-bought decorations can quickly add up, and the cost of pumpkins and other fall produce can also take a toll on your wallet.
Luckily, there are ways to decorate for fall without breaking the bank. With a little creativity, you can give your home a festive fall makeover without spending a bunch of money.
Decorate for Fall On A Budget
Whether you’re looking to add a few pumpkins to your porch or you are wanting to do a complete home makeover, adding some fall colours is the perfect way to get into the autumnal spirit. And there’s no need to break the bank — a little bit of creativity goes a long way. Here are some inexpensive ideas and DIYs for decorating your home for fall.
How to Decorate for Fall On A Budget
If you’re looking for inexpensive ideas to spruce up your home for fall, consider using some of these DIY tips.
Use natural elements
One thrifty option is to take a nature walk and collect leaves, pine cones, and acorns to use as decorations. One of the best things about fall is that there are so many beautiful natural elements to work with. From leaves and branches to pumpkins and gourds, there are plenty of ways to incorporate nature into your home decor.
Get creative with fabric
Fabric is another great way to add some fall flair to your home. You can use it to make window treatments, throw pillows, or even table runners.
Popular fall fabrics include plaid, flannel, and velvet.
Bring the outdoors in
Fall is the perfect time to take advantage of all the beautiful foliage. Bring in some branches, leaves, and berries to add a touch of nature to your home. You can even use them to make wreaths or garlands.
Add some greenery
There are so many stunning foliage and greenery options to decorate your home with, whether it’s real or fake. Fall leaves make great decorations, and you can even use them to make wreaths or garlands.
How to Decorate on a budget with gourds
Gourds are a quintessential fall decoration, and there are so many ways to use them. You can put them in bowls or vases, or use them to make centerpieces or other decorations. Or add them to mantle displays, front porch floral arrangements, or as embellishments on front door wreaths.
Free Fall Printable!
Grab these beautiful pumpkin images to grace your space, adding an unmistakable spark to your fall-themed decorations. These 3 pumpkin printables offers you just that, and they are entirely FREE.
Simply download, print, and use in your decorating and DIYing!
Pumpkins make great fall decorations, but they can also be used as planters. This is a great way to add some greenery to your home without spending a lot of money.
- Start with a small pumpkin or gourd. Cut off the top and scoop out the inside.
- Fill the pumpkin with potting soil and add your plants. succulents work well, but you can use any type of plant that you like.
- Display it as a table centerpiece,, or on the living room table, or on a shelf.
Use fall colours to decorate
Whether you’re looking to add a few pumpkins to your porch or wanting to do a complete home makeover, adding some fall colours is the perfect way to get into the autumnal spirit. And there’s no need to break the bank — a little bit of creativity goes a long way.
When it comes to fall decorating, don’t be afraid to use bold colors. Popular fall colors include orange, red, and yellow. You can use these colors in your paint, fabric, and even your accessories.
Think outside the pumpkin
Pumpkins are a classic fall decoration, but they can get a little bit boring after a while. Instead, try using
- Gourds and squash as part of your decor. You can even carve them into creative shapes or use them as planters. Gourds come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and colors and can be used to create unique centerpieces.
- A bowl of fresh apples is a simple, but effective way to decorate your home for fall.
- Leaves are one of the most iconic symbols of fall and they make for beautiful, budget-friendly home decor.
- Berries can add a touch of color to your home and they’re perfect for making garlands or wreaths.
Fall center piece ideas
Use what you have: Don’t go out and buy all new fall decorations. Instead, take a look around your home and see what you can use that you already have. A few strategically placed pumpkins or gourds coupled with a few tea lights can go a long way.
Maybe you should hang it
One of the simplest and most effective ways to decorate for fall is to make a wreath for your front door. You can use real or fake leaves, branches, berries, and even flowers. Get creative and have fun with it!
Here are a few tips:
- Start with a basic wreath form. You can find these at any craft store.
- Wrap the form in burlap or another fabric to give it a rustic look.
- Add your leaves, branches, and other decorations. Use hot glue or wire to attach them to the wreath form.
- Hang your wreath on your front door using a wreath hanger or a piece of ribbon.
- For an extra touch, add a bow made out of fall-colored ribbon.
If you want to find out how to make the fall wreath above and 2 other unique fall wreaths check out the full tutorial.
DIY fall garland
Another great way to decorate for fall is to make your own garland. This is a perfect project if you have some extra leaves and branches lying around.
- Start with a length of ribbon or twine.
- Tie on your leaves, branches, and other decorations. You can use whatever you have on hand. Get creative!
- Hang your garland on your mantel, banister, or anywhere else in your home.
Use baskets, bowls & vases for a budget friendly fall decor
- Arrange some gourds in a bowl or vase.
- Display your fall leaves, acorns, berries and pine cones.
- Place a few candles in a hurricane glass and surround them with fall leaves.
One of the best things about fall is all of the amazing scents. From pumpkin spice to cinnamon, there are so many wonderful aromas that can make your home feel cozy and inviting.
- Candles are always a great way to add some ambiance to your home, and they’re especially perfect for fall. Choose warm, earthy scents like cinnamon or pumpkin to really get you in the autumnal mood.
- You can also try simmering a pot of water on the stove with some cinnamon sticks, cloves, and orange peel to make your home smell like fall.
- Or, if you’re feeling really ambitious, you can even make some of your way own homemade fall scented candles.
Whatever route you choose, filling your home with fall scents is a great way to get into the autumnal spirit.
My post on creating fall scents will give you even more awesome ideas for making your home smell like fall.
Jenny’s Finishing Thoughts On How To Decorate For Fall On A Budget
So let’s get our homes all nice and cozy for fall. And please, take these suggestions and create your own budget friendly decor. These are just a few ideas to get you started. With a little creativity, you can easily decorate your home for fall on a budget.
What are some of your favorite ways to decorate your home for fall? Share them with us in the comments below!
Did you find this post helpful or inspirational? Save This Pin to your Fall Decor board on Pinterest