Are you a DIY decorator on a budget? Here are my top Kijiji tips and tricks that every DIY shopper needs to know.
What is Kijiji?
Are you looking for a way to save money on your next purchase but don’t want to sacrifice quality? Look no further than Kijiji, the one-stop shop for all your DIY decor needs.
I love Kijiji. I’d go so far as to say that I am a little bit addicted. I think it’s the thrill of the hunt. It definitely takes some patience and a bit of time but if you’re willing to invest a little of both then it can be so worth it.
With Kijiji, you can find great deals on anything and everything from furniture to home decor and more. Let me share with you my top Kijiji tips and tricks that will get you safely shopping the site like a pro while getting the best deals for your money. Because once you are armed with the right tips and tricks, you’ll become an expert at finding what you need while avoiding the typical pitfalls associated with buying second-hand items. Let’s get shopping!
PRO TIP: Start your morning with a cup of hot coffee and a smart phone. Pop on to the Kijiji site and see what has been posted.
Benefits of Shopping on Kijiji
Tired of decorating your home with mass-produced items from the same department store everyone else is shopping at? Kijiji has a vast selection of unique home decor items that are sure to make your space truly one-of-a-kind.
Preparing to Shop
Shopping on Kijiji can be an enjoyable and satisfying way to decorate your home. With a little bit of patience, research and dedication, it’s possible to find high quality items at unbeatable prices. You’ll not only save money, but you’ll also have the chance to give something old new life.
However, it can be a bit tricky at first. Here are some basic tips to help you find the perfect home decor on this platform. Armed with this knowledge, you’ll be ready to start shopping for home decor on Kijiji with total confidence.
Know the basics
You can get a long way just on the basics. When you are starting your Kijiji search remember:
- Sellers will most often post in the morning after 8am, at lunch time, or in the evening around 6pm. Sellers will also most often post for the weekends and it is always a good idea to keep an eye out during seasonal and holiday changes.
- Use specific keywords to avoid sifting through pages upon pages of irrelevant results.
- Practice Kijiji curtesy. Only respond if you are truly interested, go when you say you will, and remember that if you are a nuisance you can be blocked from that seller.
- Be persistent in your search. The perfect piece for your space may be just a few clicks away!
- Familiarize yourself with the site and the different categories on Kijiji. Learn how to use the different icons, read the seller’s review section, and use the messaging. Also look for the number of views the item has had, the date it was posted, and the map to the location.
Once you are ready to actually start looking for the item keep these in mind:
- Start by getting an idea of what you are looking for. Take the time to browse and don’t settle. It may take time to find the right piece and that’s ok.
- Set a budget and stick to it. The right item for the right price will eventually come along.
- Research the item first before you make a purchase. Know the product, and its listed price or value.
- Compare prices across different sellers on Kijiji to find the best deals.
- Take measurements of your space before contacting the seller or making any purchases.
- Bring color swatches so that you can make sure that if needed, the colour matches your current decor.
When you think you found it
The best tip I can give you for this is to ask questions. The more you know the better so before making any commitments ask the seller for any additional information you may need. Also:
- Make sure you understand all delivery arrangements prior to completion of sale.
- Tactfully ask the seller questions about how clean and well-maintained the items are.
- Pay attention to the description the seller provides and any additional details given about the item.
- Again, show up when you say you will. If you change your mind let the seller know.
Join At Jenny’s Place Free Printable Library!
Ok, now that you have found the item around the price you like, it’s time to actually get the location information and then head on over to check out the item. So please make sure that you:
- Always meet in person when buying from Kijiji. Please don’t take any chances when parting with your money.
- Always bring someone along with you and make sure that at least one other person knows where you are going and who you are meeting with.
- Bring what you need to transport your piece safely (bungee cords, blankets, rope, and packing tape.)
- Inspect the piece closely before making a purchase. Don’t be afraid to sit on it, open drawers, check the back… you get it.
- Negotiate the price but always be respectful. Often there is room to move in the price but avoid being insulting.
- Be willing to walk away if it’s not the look, quality, or price that you want. You’re looking for the right piece not just any ol’ piece.
- Ensure that payment is secure. Never send money through bank transfer without verifying who you are dealing with first.
With these Kijiji tips and tricks in mind, you’ll be able to shop on Kijiji with confidence and score some amazing deals!
Frequently Asked Questions About Safely Shopping On Kijiji
Looking to buy something on Kijiji, but hesitant to trust someone you’ve never met before? Fear not, my friend. Let me answer those scary questions that have been keeping you up at night. You know, like how to stay safe when purchasing a big ticket item.
While there’s always a risk involved when dealing with strangers online, there are plenty of ways to ensure a smooth and reliable transaction. By taking these simple precautions and using your intuition, you can easily build trust with the person you’re purchasing from allowing you to enjoy a smooth and stress-free transaction.
Jenny’s Finishing Thoughts On Kijiji Tips and Tricks
So now that you have all the information necessary to shop on Kijiji like a pro, what are you waiting for?
When it comes to shopping for home decor on Kijiji, preparation is key so take the time to find your perfect item and keep safety in mind when meeting up with strangers. And by following the Kijiji tips and tricks shared, you can fearlessly set out on your eagle-eyed mission for that one-of-a kind piece you’ve always been dreaming of! Happy Kijij-ing!
What was your favourite Kijiji find? Share your stories with us in the comments section below!
Did you find this post helpful or inspirational? Save This Pin to your Decorating Ideas On A Budget board on Pinterest.