Smells Associated With Fall For Your Home
Fall is in the air, and there’s no better way to enjoy the season than by making your home smell like it! Here are some easy DIY ways to fill your home with smells associated with Fall.
9 Ways to Make Your Home Smell Like Fall
DIY fall scents are a great way to make your home smell like fall. By using a few of these simple and inexpensive ideas, you can bring the scents of fall into your home and make it feel cozy and inviting.
Wanting the Complete Fall Package
Fall is in the air. You’ve taken the time to decorate your home in beautiful autumn colours. Throw pillows with fall motifs grace your couch. On your table sits a wooden bread bowl filled with an assortment of mini pumpkins and gourds. It is a beautiful decorated fall home. There is just one thing missing.
It doesn’t smell like fall. You don’t just want the look. You want the complete experience. The air outside is crisp and delicious. So how do we recreate that indoors? Let me show you.
9 Ways To Fill Your Home With Smells Associated With Fall
There’s nothing like the scent of fall to make your home feel cozy and inviting. Here are some fabulous ways to bring these delightful, earthy scents into your home:
Long Live Essential Oils
Fall is the perfect time for diffusing essential oils. There are so many great fall essential oil blends available that you can easily fill your home with the cozy scents of autumn. You can buy blended scents made specifically to smell like fall. Sage has some gorgeous blends and their air purifiers are top notch.
Or you can create your own blend by combing single noted oils.
Here are some of our favorite fall essential oil blends:
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin and orange: This blend is warm and inviting, perfect for fall gatherings.
- Clove, rosemary, and lemon: This blend is perfect for purifying the air and creating a warm, fall atmosphere.
- Frankincense, cypress, and bergamot: This blend is perfect for creating a relaxing ambiance.
- Lavender, cedarwood, and orange: This blend is perfect for promoting relaxation and promoting feelings of happiness.
Ya Basic Candle
Another great way to make your whole house smell like fall is to use scented candles. There are many different candles made to replicate the smells associated with fall available on the market, so you’re sure to find one that you love.
Here are some of our favorite Fall candle scents:
- Cinnamon: This classic Fall scent is perfect for filling your home with the warm, cozy scents of fall.
- Nutmeg: This warm, spicy scent is perfect for creating a fall atmosphere.
- Pumpkin: This quintessential fall scent is perfect for filling your home with the scents of fall.
- Apple: This fresh, autumn scent is perfect for filling your home with the crisp, clean scents of fall.
When In Doubt Spray It
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make your whole house smell like fall, then room sprays are the way to go. There are many different fall scented room sprays available, so you’re sure to find one that you love.
Pot It Up Baby
Place a bowl of potpourri on your coffee table or in another prominent spot in your home. Fill the bowl with fall-scented potpourri, and add a few drops of fall essential oil to boost the scent.
Purchase already made from a home goods store or try making your own by using natural materials.
Some popular options to try are:
- Dried leaves or pine needles
- Dried fall flowers
- Spices like cinnamon sticks, star anise, or cloves
- Dried fruits like oranges, lemons, apples, or juniper berries
Bake It ’till You Make It
One of the best ways to make your whole house smell like fall is to bake fall treats. There are many different fall recipes available, so you’re sure to find one that you love.
Some super yummy fall ingredients to include:
- Maple syrup
Simmer And Sniff
Start by boiling water in a pot on your stove. Then, add in any of the fall spices listed below. Let the mixture simmer for an hour or more, and enjoy the fall scent throughout your home.
Some fall simmer pot ideas to try:
- Cinnamon sticks
- An apple
- Orange peel
- Star anise
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
The treats outlined above will definitely make your home smell like fall but there are other ways to add a touch a fall scent to your kitchen.
Try having these on hand for an extra dose of fall scent:
- Using a fall scented coffee bean blend.
- Opt for a bit of fall scented syrup in your morning coffee. Such as: maple, pumpkin spice, or cinnamon
- Hang cinnamon bundles around your kitchen.
- Hang herb bundles around your kitchen. This does triple duty because it smells awesome, looks pretty, and it is a practical solution for drying out your garden herbs.
- Switch your hand soap out for a fall scented one. Bath and Body Works has a Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin foaming sent hand soap. I mean, come on!
- Switch your everyday spray cleaner with a fall scented option. Like Mrs. Meyer’s who has some seriously cool fall smelling scents.
Decor And Smell Galore
Let’s call this section a twofer. Combining fall scents with your home decor just makes sense.
So why not:
- Display your potpourri in glass bottles, mason jars, and earthen wear pottery.
- Place fall scented bundles in cloth bags and slip these into closets, drawers with intimates, linen closets, blanket boxes, and bathroom vanities.
- Create a beautiful centerpiece using fall scented materials.
- Add touches of scented decor to tiered trays.
Bring It To The Bathroom
Lastly, let us not forget about the all important throne room. We spend a fair amount of time in the bathroom so why not bring a touch of fall scent into the loo as well.
Consider adding autumn scents by:
- Oil stick diffusers are the perfect size for the bathroom and look gorgeous. Just make sure that you are using a fall scent.
- Make your own sugar or salt scrub with fall scented essential oils.
- Choose a hand soap and hand moisturizer that has a fall scent to it.
- Opt for fall scented garbage bags. I personally like the vanilla or lavender scented ones from Dollarama.
- Use cleaning sprays that have a fall scent.
- Leave your guests a fall scented room spray for those human moments.
Jenny’s Finishing Thoughts On Filling Your Home With All Of The Delicious Smells Associated With Fall
Making your whole house smell like fall is easy with these tips! Just choose your favorite fall scent, and use it throughout your home. You’ll enjoy the wonderful smell of fall all season long!
What is your favourite fall scent and how do you bring that scent into your home? Let us all know in the comments below.
Did you find this post helpful or inspirational? Save This Pin to your Fall Decorating board on Pinterest
If you liked this post you may also enjoy:
DIY High End Fall Decor From the Dollar Store
Inexpensive Fall Faux Copper Centerpieces