The Beginners Guide to DIY Party Decor will take the mystery out of creating the perfect party and will help to make you the hostess with the mostess in no time.
Born To Party
Does the thought of party decorating gives you a headache? It doesn’t have to be that way!
Over the years hubby and I have held large BBQs, epic Halloween parties, and winter sledding parties. We’ve had the honour of hosting bridal showers, baby showers, graduations, milestone birthdays, celebrations of life, holiday gatherings, retirement parties, and even a couple of weddings.
In this post, I’m going to answer some common questions about DIY party decor so that you can feel confident in your ability to create a beautiful event. By the end, you’ll be able to wow your guests with your amazing decorations! So let’s get started!
What Is DIY Party Decor?
DIY party decor simply means party decor you made yourself. It can be as simple as a floral centerpiece to as complicated as wedding centerpieces.
Common Misconceptions About DIY Party Decor
I think the greatest misconception when it comes to DIY party decorating is that it’s too difficult, time consuming, and expensive to bother with.
This is just not true. Ok, maybe the time thing comes slightly into play but unless you have the money to hire a professional party planner someone will have to plan, purchase, and set up everything. So since you’re going to be doing these things anyway why not make it spectacular?
As for difficulty and costs…. nope. You’ll be amazed at how far a little bit of thrifty shopping, imagination, and good taste will go. Read on and I promise that by the end of this article you won’t be able to wait to start planning your next party!
The Beginners Guide to DIY Party Decor Getting Started
To start any party you need to answer some basic questions that will get the party planning process started. You will need:
- Pick a party style – What kind of party are you throwing? The time of day will help determine this.
- A concept – What kind of feeling are you going for? Why are you throwing this party?
- Budget – What is your max budget and where will the funds be going?
- A guest list – Who is coming to this party and what size of party are you planning?
- Venu – What location will you be using? What venue will best suit the number of guests invited?
- A colour scheme – What colours will you be using? Choose 2 – 3 colours.
- Invitations – What kind of invitations will you be sending? Mailed, email, or text?
- Decor ideas – What decor ideas make the most sense for this party? What will add to the over all concept?
- Menu – What will you be eating at the party? Is this a full course meal, a buffet, or appetizers?
- Plan for signage – What foods or beverages need to be identified? Where would it be helpful to have more detailed information? (bathroom, favours, etc.)
- Music list – What music will you be playing at the party?
- List of activities – Will there be any activities at this party? What will you need to make these activities happen?
- Cleaning House – Will you be hiring a house cleaner or cleaning yourself?
Party Decor Ideas
Sometimes we just want to keep the decorations easy. To make easy party decorations try suing :
Join At Jenny’s Place Free Printable Library!
Beginner’s Guide To DIY Party Decor: Tips For Success
Are you planning on throwing a party but you have questions about where to start when it comes to decorations? Not to worry! By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to throw a party that is both stylish and easy on the budget. So get ready to get creative!
Your Party Decor Questions Answered
This guide will help answer some of the most common questions about party decor. By following these tips, you can create a festive and fun atmosphere for your guests. Happy partying!
How Can I Make Party Decorations Look Expensive
The difference between an expensive looking party decoration and a cheap looking decoration all comes down to attention to detail. A few of the tricks I use to make my party decor look more expensive is to:
Unexpected but appreciated party decor ideas
Jenny’s Finishing Thoughts On The Beginners Guide To DIY Party Decor
By having a plan, paying attention to detail and applying a little creativity planning a spectacular party for when the time comes is really within reach. Just keep your concept consistent, think of your guests needs above all else and I guarantee your party with be a smashing success.
Let me know what is the first party you are planning to host once this crazy time is over?
Did you find this post helpful or inspirational? Save This Pin to your Party Planning board on Pinterest